Want to become a dog walker? Apply on-line now!
Dogwalker etc is Oahu’s premier pet sitting company! We are always seeking new dog walkers and pet sitters to join our team. You must be a true animal lover. Previous pet care experience is preferred; ideally dog walking, pet sitting, volunteering in a shelter, or working at a doggy daycare, kennel, or veterinarian’s office. Because we pride ourselves on providing a high level of service to our clients, you must have excellent presentation and communication skills. Our assignments provide part-time work & typically supplement an existing income. Pet sitting can be a great supplemental income for those who would like to earn around $100-$250 a week. We take our job very seriously and expect everyone that works with us to do the same and go above and beyond to ensure the safety and happiness of the pets in our care.
Pet sitters and dog walkers are responsible for:
- The well being and overall care of our clients’ pets and their homes.
- Managing clients’ needs and preferences with a commitment to providing a superior level of care
- Having a flexible schedule which allows you to be available for various assignments monday through friday, weekends & holidays.
- Please do not apply for the job if you are only available a few hours per week.
Additional Candidate Requirements
- Comfortable handling dogs of all sizes & breeds
- Equipped with a cell phone, computer and working home internet connection
- Have a valid Driver’s License.
- Own a reliable vehicle with current registration, safety check & auto insurance. Personal vehicle will be used for multiple pet care assignments. Gas is non-refundable & will be at the sitter’s own expense.
- A resident of Oahu. Please specify which neighborhood you live in on your application
- US citizen with a clean criminal record. A background check must be submitted at the time of hire.
- Tolerant to working in inclement weather, i.e humidity & rain
- Available to start work immediately and make a long-term commitment of at least six months
Submitting an Application
If you meet all the above requirements and would like to be considered for a position, please complete the on-line form below. Please note that due to the high volume of the applications we receive, we will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Your application should also include:
- A resume detailing your experience with animals (we want to hear about any/all pet experience even if it was for a neighbor/boss/friend), copied and pasted into the body of your message (attachments will not be opened)
- Your phone number(s) and home address
- Desired location(s) for work
- Any other interesting information that you think sets you apart from
the other candidates
We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!